Our faith is rooted in the Holy Bible and our love for the Lord Jesus Christ …and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1. We believe that the Lordship of Jesus Christ should be the foundation of each of our lives, and of our church. We believe in a personal relationship with the Lord, as our founder John Stevens outlined in his foundational message, To Be a Christian. Below are some of the main points that we hold as truths, by which we live our lives. If you would like more information, an expanded version is available here.
- The Bible is the verbally inspired, inerrant Word of the living God.
- God sent His Son Jesus Christ to redeem us from sin and death and to give us eternal life through repentance and faith in Christ Jesus.
- The worship of God is a daily action of bowing ourselves down spiritually before Him and exalting Him above all else in our lives.
- Each of us can attain to …the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. Ephesians 4:13.
- The Body of Christ is comprised of many diverse members, all of whom share an important need for, and an interdependent relationship with, each other.
- God sets individuals into His Body and under His authority as it pleases Him (I Corinthians 12:12, 18).
- The book of Acts and the New Testament epistles comprise the model for how the Church of Jesus Christ is to be organized and operated.
- In practicing a daily lifestyle that expresses the biblical principles we believe and teach.
- In preserving and publishing the Word of God spoken in our generation.
- In providing solid academic training to our youth in an atmosphere of love, faith and impartation.
- In positively impacting our local neighborhoods and communities.